I bought a forklift

This is a working LPG powered Datsun forklift with non-working side shift. I hope that I may fix the SS. Everything else seems to work.

Price was $500.

I still have to pay and take delivery, so there may be surprises, but I am hopeful that it will be a smooth transaction, as I know the seller, which is a great guy.

Ignoramus12402

Ignoramus12402

Now THAT sounds more like an Iggy deal than that Yale!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Ignoramus12402 fired this volley in news:TuWdnR8uXbnB9ALTnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

You are a bastard -- you know that, don't you?

!!!!

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I paid $300 for my Yale stand up rider 3,000# electric forklift. Three stage mast, extend and tilt, no side shift. One of my few Iggy class deals :/

As for Iggys side shift, it was probably disabled for the reasons I noted and is simple to return to operation. I know one forklift where the guy too the handle off the side shift control valve after nearly tipping the forklift over a few times.

Reply to
Pete C.

I hate you!

It does seem to be disabled, indeed, the SS handle does not have any effect whatsoever.

Ignoramus12402

I even hate myself...

Ignoramus12402

Yes, and a little project too./..

Ignoramus12402

How much lift capacity did you get?

Reply to
Karl Townsend

I do not know. Just by looking at the lift, I would say 4k lbs.

Ignoramus12402

Watch your fingers...

Reply to
Jim Stewart