ID odd vises I bought tuesday?

I bought some odd vises yesterday at auction that I had never see the like of before, love some details on the first 3 and any info on the

4th one.
Paid $27.50 each for the first 3 and the last one was in a huge lot of (crap) tools that I bought...
Reply to
Felice Luftschein and Nicholas

the first vises are self centering vises, we used to run parts that needed to have the machining centered to the part consistantly. you can make any type of vise jaws that you need to hold the parts.

Reply to
jay s

They are more jigs than vises, made to automatically center workpieces in a manufacturing operation. It looks like they came out of a production facility of some kind. Bugs

Reply to
Bugs

Beyond the fact that the first 3 are self centering vises, no info anywhere on Heuser Mfg, must have not been successful marketing the vises. The 4th vise in the pictures turned out to be a Kurt Vise attachment (aftermarket?), bolts to the back jaw and allows a stack of parts to be clamped from the side as well as in the vise for machining multiple parts.