If I was a multimillionaire

this is what I would buy

Ignoramus24511

How many auctions do you usually watch. I have been trying to wean myself of online auctions cause I'm running out of room. Steve

Reply to
Up North

I believe there are engine lathes able to cut both metric and imperial via dual lead screws. They also can kick out at end of thread pass.

I'd like one of those.

I'd also like a nice VMC with a fair sized tool changer so just about any tool I might need would be ready w/o a lot of swapping. Fair

Obviously a good CAD/CAM system, well appointed and spacious shop overlooking my

1500 yard rifle range with private runway for my air plane(s).

Combination plasma / water jet table for use in building experimental air craft and other things.

Press brake, Adira CNC.

CNC punch press, Amada fully tooled.

Well apointed woodworking shop attached but sealed from the metal working areas.

Electronics lab.

And a garage section with lift for working on my vehicals.

Oh well, not much chance of that happening. Walter Mitty moment over.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Nice machine. HoffHilk is an auctioneer I used to watch close and buy a lot from because they are close to me. I'm now of the opinion that this is the most heavily shilled auction service in the world. I seldom to never bid any more.

Just my opinion, you've been warned.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

How do you know this? I would like to know how I can find out if a given auctioneer likes to shill.

Reply to
Ignoramus24511

I have bought some items from them for the same reason....they are close. Some of the stuff they sell brings a higher price than you can buy the same item from a jockey for. Makes one wonder about who the other bidders really are. Steve

Reply to
Up North

You never know FOR SURE.

1)"The Kid" misunderstood me and kept bidding an item up. I caught it just before the end and called saying that it was a mistake and I'm not buying, it was up to $500. They backed out my bid and the price was $125. It sold for $150.

2) I've seen the same item at several auctions in a row.

3) Absolutely NOTHING goes for give away. Every normal auction has a few things that went to high, most at a normal auction price, and then a few steals.

Like I said, just my opinion.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Sounds like strong evidence to me.

I will stay away.

Reply to
Ignoramus24511

my 1500 yard

You forgot the place has to be on the Ocean (big lake OK) with a monster late model fishing boat at the dock.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Oh no, a boat is a hole in the water you pour money into. I'd want to stay a multi millionaire. ;)

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Now your thinking right. Check out the auctions. Right now there are deals everywhere. I just saw a 14" LaBlonde for sale for $1400. Steve

Reply to
Steve Lusardi