dead omni went nuts

running CHNC went cheap

(I bid 1350 for parts)

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Crazy!

Reply to
Ignoramus20906

It actually is still cheaper than I thought it would sell for.

You do know that they normally sell used for $7-11k...right?

They are rather popular in machine shops and have a good reputation

Misssssed it by that.........much.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Gunner, what do you think is a fair price for a GT-75 in a good condition? There is one that may come up locally. I would not pay a fair price, of course, but it helps to know what it is. By fair, I mean a price at which it is easy to sell on ebay.

Ignoramus20906

Ive seen them go as low as $6k at auctions. It geatly depends on what condition the slides and ways are in. But Ive never seen a good condition GT-75 go below $6k on the open market.

Now if it has a C-axis...not a 5hp drive motor, but an actual servo controlling the spindle..add a minumum of $1-2k

Some of the very early ones, with an Indramat drive..Id recommend taking OFF $2k. Shrug

If you can get me the serial number off the back of the computer..I can get the date it was shipped from the factory.

If you check Ebay..you will note that they go from about $7k-21k

The one for $7k...is probably pretty tired. The average is $13k

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

You can buy a Mazak QT10 or QT20, for less, Mitsubishi offers service and parts and they kick the ass ( even in a garage ) out of the obsolete piece of crap an omni is.

Did you ever return their parts? A thief is a thief you know, even if they owed you.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

It is called Omniturn Series III Model GT-75 CNC Lathe. All I know as of now.

Ignoramus20906

Its post 2000. Get me a serial number off the back of the control and Ill get the year it was made.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

S/N 1999? Makes sense?

Ignoramus4117

No G34 or anything at the end of the numbers?

1999 is about the beginning of 2001. Ill call the factory in the morning and get a shipping date