Mauser C96 value

I am considering bidding on this one for myself. But, I am slightly concerned that it looks a little bit "too good". Can anyone say where is that gun from etc? Whats the faiur value?

Ignoramus25258

Look at

for current market values of various firearms.

Reply to
John B.

There is a wild variation of prices for those.

This one, seems to have been exported to China at some point, and then "restored".

Ignoramus25258

Yes, apparently they were popular in China and "restoration" destroys much of the collector's value.

Reply to
John B.

A typical rebuild, although not one of the better ones, of the horde of Broomhandles that came from China in the late '80's. There was for a time a cottage industry of shops rebarreling and rebluing these gems. They often make fine shooters in either 7.65x25 or 9x19, but no real collector value. This one looks like it was bead blasted w/o much polishing before bluing, so one of the lower end pieces.

Still, probably at least $500 or $600 these days, when everything seems to go for a bit more than expected.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch