Injection molding forum?

--Thanks; will do!

Reply to
steamer

--OK gang here's a link to a couple of photos:

steamer

--Update update: finished the silver soldering for the weirder of the inserts today and have only to thread two holes and bore an entry port for injection molding nozzle to finish the die. --Did quite a bit of searching for pelletized Nylon and finally settled on a supplier. But there's a minimum purchase quantity of 55 pounds so I'm going to wind up with a wee bit more than I need! Anyone want some??

Reply to
steamer

I have too many projects and not enough time, but I've always thought about using some of the "easier" recyclable thermoplastics - though I don't really know what I'd be getting into there. Figure some sort of process like shred, blow dry hot nitrogen through to dry and eventually melt (guessing that oxygen may be an issue with some plastics at high temperatures), perhaps an intermediate extrude a rod to make pellets step, perhaps directly to molding. Figure on making some really hefty plastic objects (no point in conserving feedstock if, as last I recall, recycling centers are not able to give most of the stuff away).

Of course, then I want the spiffy selective membrane tubes to make the nitrogen, and all anybody wants to sell is the entire packaged nitrogen system.

Reply to
Ecnerwal