Hey Buerste

Look for a small priority mail box later this week . You should be able to get a couple of sets of rollers out of the contents , depending on cutting losses .

Reply to
Snag

Thanks, I'll get my bud with a wire EDM to slice them up.

Look through my web page and tell me what you can use. (Might have minor blems, but safe and serviceable)

Reply to
Buerste

Hey Tom. Do you ever sell seconds? I"m looking to find out what good brushes are like on the cheap.

RWL

Reply to
GeoLane at PTD dot NET

How many drums do you want? I often sell them to Asbestos abaters, they use them for a shift and bag them up for hazardous disposal...they don't care if there's a crack in the block or a tuft missing. Wheels have a rust spot or a flaw in the trim or such. Those I'm more careful with as not to let an unsafe product get out. I don't push them because they displace sales of firsts.

Reply to
Buerste

A sale of some that rolled out the door without a push is better than no sale. I"m looking for 6-8" coarse, med, and fine wire wheels and a good cup wheel for rust removal by a 4" or a 7" grinder.

RWL

Reply to
GeoLane at PTD dot NET

What size AH? The standard is 5/8" with a 1/2" adapter but can go up to 1" on 6" wheel, 1-1/2" on an 8". Very rarely do we have cups as seconds. Medium coarse is .012" wire and medium fine is .008" wire, fine is .006" wire. Knot-type wheels are almost always .014" and .020: wire. In the machine shop we use the .012", it's good for general use.

Reply to
Buerste

How about something in a 4" knot for my angle grinder ? It's 5/8-11 thread . I'm not picky , whatever you happen to have is fine .

Reply to
Snag

I use my old wood lathe as my power source for my straight wire wheel. I make adapters on my metal lathe as needed. I can make any size hole work, but I can only swing 8" on the wood lathe. The little angle grinder is metric 10 x 1.5 so I made a 1/2-13 adapter for that. The bigger grinder is a standard 5/8-11 spindle. The 4" hand held is dedicated to rust removal with an import knotted wheel with 0.011" wire. Thanks for considering looking around to see if you have anything suitable. I know you don't normally do retail.

RWL

Reply to
GeoLane at PTD dot NET

Thanks, I got the bits today and will get them sliced up as soon as I take my buddy to lunch. I'll send some stuff soon.

Reply to
Buerste

Ive got one of Toms 6" steel FINE wheels on a bench grinder, and I use it for everything from derusting to deburring. It has only gone down about 1" in dia. in the 6 yrs Ive been using it..and I use it a LOT

Great wheels!

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do something damned nasty to all three of them.

Reply to
Gunner Asch