Interesting item seen in passing

Last week I was browsing the local dump's free exchange shed. There was this thing that no one, including myself, could figure out the identity of. Large mahogany ring, about 2' in diamter, with highly intricate shapes routed into the outside surface. Pencil lines showing elaborate measurements were all over it. Also a curious amount of wood filler. Anyone?

So we're all standing there looking at it, and this fellow comes over and says "oh, that looks like it's for one of ours." Turns out he works for GE and this part was a casting pattern or mockup section of a mout from an old jet engine. I forget the model number, but it was interesting to see something like this turn up.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

Yep. They've been doing that for quite a few years now. :)

I have a dozen or so patterns for M> Last week I was browsing the local dump's free exchange shed. There was this

Reply to
RoyJ