Is it fixed? OT

I believe Tawm loves pink and ruffles.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

What ever happened to don't ask & don't tell, and wouldn't ruffles get caught on the machines? ;-)

In case he does, I saw a list of the ten worst Christmas gifts a few years ago the Tech TV channel. This was one of their picks:

and I have to agree with them. :(

Welcome back. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Here's an arcane topic for you. Follow up from last year. Did you ever make the Dutch almond paste confections?

RWL

Reply to
GeoLane at PTD dot NET

On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 04:07:21 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Harold and Susan Vordos" quickly quoth:

Welcome back, 'Arry! Yes, we can see your post.

-- Who is wise? He that learns from every One. Who is powerful? He that governs his Passions. Who is rich? He that is content. Who is that? Nobody. -- Benjamin Franklin

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 08:27:34 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, Lew Hartswick quickly quoth:

Maybe we should have him machine up a nice condom for the VP's daughter's boyfriend. Y'know, a Chinese Torture kinda thing.

-- Who is wise? He that learns from every One. Who is powerful? He that governs his Passions. Who is rich? He that is content. Who is that? Nobody. -- Benjamin Franklin

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Glad to see you back. (Even though you are showing up only as text quoted by someone else -- I was off usenet yesterday as my news server moved to a new set of hardware, and I apparently miss-guessed the number of articles to set things back. :-)

I have!

Indeed so.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

He's also the guy who knows more about gold recovery and refining on a big scale than almost anyone alive. (But that's another group.)

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

I know who he is. As Foghorn Leghorn would say, "It's a joke, son. A joke, I say!" ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I'm also glad to see that you've made it back Harold, and I hope that the shop construction has been going well.

WB ......... metalworking projects

Wild_Bill

Thanks for the warm welcome, Bill.

It's the house that we've been working on. Shop got completed some time ago. (Where does one find a woman that is so understanding that she thinks the shop should come first?)

We're making progress, but it's hard to measure. I figure another year and it should be finished. It's hell building a house without help, especially when you're an old codger like I am.

How's things with you, Bill? I think of you daily, as I use my converted Maglite (LED). Sure made a nice improvement. Thanks again!

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Welcome back Harold (and Susan) - your posts have always been gems of information and technique. You just might be able to increase the metal/politics ratio.....

Andrew VK3BFA.

Reply to
vk3bfa

Thanks for the warm welcome, Andrew.