Plonks

Another off topic post here folks. Been plonking people lately. Only said it once but several have been added to my kill filter. It seems a shame but too much critisism! Too much negativity! Where it did nothing to help the situation. For years never used the kill filter. And it's not just because of political stuff. People who know me know that I have strong opinions and will try to convince others that my opions are correct. It just seems like either my patience has run out or there are more people out there who think it is OK to belittle others with no good reason. And such vehement comments! And such terrible comments! Bigotry abounds. Got sick of it. Hopefully the folks who are on my kill filter list will eventually be removed. After I've calmed down a bit. Later, Eric R Snow, Who wants this group to return to people helping people, not people tearing each other down.

Reply to
Eric R Snow

It didn't take me long to figure out what you were talking about. I read a couple threads that I had, up until now, not had time to explore. Yep, bigotry abounds, and certain parties should be damned ashamed of themselves.

I, for one, am not thrilled with comments that denigrate an entire class of people, religious group, or those of particular ethnic extraction. I've found there are good people in all groups, and welcome each and every person based on their personal decency and honor.

I came from an environment where I was judged and set aside because my lack of religion was not in keeping with the religion of choice of the vast majority of the residents of the state. I was effected by the treatment in all phases of my life, including my then business. I know first hand what it feels like to be the victim of discrimination.

I'm with you, Eric. I have enjoyed most of the guys on this group, even when I've not necessarily agreed with them, but the personal attacks and venomous comments really have no place here. I tend to look at these guys like family, or close friends. I labored under the idea that we were, in some small way, fellow travelers seeking a common goal, but that appears to not be the case in some instances. Those that we turn to for support are quick to stab us in the back.

Like you, I'm very close to starting a kill file. I've had one before, but it had but one individual in it, who has grown by leaps and bounds and is doing much better, at least as far as I'm concerned. Assuming I do start the kill file again, it will be silently, just as you have done. Those with the caustic comments will still be free to post them, but I won't have to see them. I guess that serves their right to voice their nasty, negative opinions, and serves my right to be free from them. Those kill files are a good thing when used appropriately.

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

If you killfile the names "Gunner" and "Brain Damage" that would be a very good start..........lol

Seriously though if you dont want to read or take part in a thread, there is nothing forcing you to do so!

I think many users of this forum are quite amused at the way "Gunner" is tieing himself up in knots, trying to post intelligent trolls in response to some of my posts!

Reply to
Brain Damage

My new tagline.

RJ

Reply to
Backlash

Nfilter, now called "News Proxy" is very versatile. It is supposed to be able to filter on any part of the complete header, unlike the filters on most news readers. I've had to juggle and cuss a little now and then, but it finally falls in line.

The install folder is called "newsproxy". Fast loading, small footprint.

Reply to
Offbreed

I also added some kill filters to the forum a while back and what used to amount to a few hundred posts each day getting dowloaded has dwindled to a manageable few. I filter out Iraqi, OT, some author names, FA, FS and a host of other commonly used subject tags.

For some reas>===Another off topic post here folks. Been plonking people lately. Only

Visit my website:

expressed are those of my wifes, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Reply to
Roy