Bye to Rocketry, Large Sale

Well I've had it so there's gonna be one hell of a sale..
The new laws, the regulations, all the hassles to fly rockets anymore, who
needs it.. well NO that's not the problem.
I can deal with all of it and it's not a problem to me..to be attacked publicly by fellow "rocketeers" when trying to ask questions and learn more, well that's a little much, to have my career choice and myself personally attacked again a little much, then to see others in the hobby that I respect support this kind of crap..well that's over the top.
So another newbie is going, you know that many will naturally loose interest with the hobby as that's human nature, but any hobby unable to attract new people and maintain them is done.
So those of you who have supported Jerry, congrats, and congrats to you too Jerry but it's just not worth the nonsense anymore..
I'll fly what I can this summer then i'm done, after that everything is for sale. I've plenty of other hobbies to pursue where i don't have to put up with this crap.
October 1, 2004 everything on the website is for sale, there's over 90 built rockets, low, mid, and high power, about 20 unbuilt kits, building supplies, a ton of recovery compnonents, two 29mm mid power motor systems, one 29mm high power system, one 38mm high power motor system and way more than i can remember...
Check out what's available if you wish..offers are welcome and anything not spoken for by October 1 will be placed for auction, low and mid power will go on eBay and high power stuff will be auctioned on ROL.....
Time to go fishing......... cya
On 11 May 2004 16:03:56 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (FIREMANUP) wrote:

<<SNIP THE STUFF IN THE MIDDLE>>

Hey Firemanup,
Why not just flush rmr, and possibly ROL Chat? It's unfortunate that it got under your skin. Personal attacks and such don't often come out of nowhere, but perhaps they did. In my case, I only got flamed twice by accident, other times I either knew I was treading on risky ground or I directly baited someone. Anyway, rmr is not (for me) what rocketry is all about. I don't post here often and I don't live in the land of the regulatory hassles so I have to learn to keep my mouth shut about that stuff. I have posted questions and gotten good answers too. I also use The Rocketry Forum and have both asked and answered questions there.
However, none of this is required! I can just go out and fly rockets with my local club. That's how I started back into it. It's unlikely that you will face the crap you described if you show up at a launch site. Even if the same people are there, I bet it will be more cordial.
You make your decision but I would lose the irritant (if any) before I lost the hobby if it still made me happy.
Cheers in any case!
Len Bryan CAR S620 L3

He can't help himself.
I do agree with your advise though.

Good insights.
<< Why not just flush rmr, and possibly ROL Chat? >>
I agree. Don't dump the hobby, dump the stuff that bugs you. None of this online jabbering has anything to do with just going out and flying rockets.
RayDunakin wrote:

Heck, some of us have probably run into each other at the launch site and not even realized it was the same people we were flaming with on the internet!
-dave w
Sorry to hear that. I recently visited your website...Lots of nice rockets.
It's sad to lose another customer because of political reasons. :( Your Jaguar kit is ready when you are.
Mike Fisher Binder Design http://binderdesign.com

firemanup: don't go, don't let the forces of evil get you down. Stay and communicate on TRF..... shockie B)

publicly
that's
again a

kind
interest
too
for
with
built
supplies, a

high
not
go
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (FIREMANUP) wrote:

Nope.
Yep.
Hypocrite.
Never saw it.

Confused.
Bye.
As I have been saying for over a decade.

Do you promise?

That is a relaxing and enjoyable pasttime. Sounds like a plan. See you there :)
Jerry
Which website would that be?
--
...The Bit Eimer [remove keinewurst to email me]

"My goal in life is to be the kind of person my cat thinks he is"
http://www.firemanrocketry.com
Jerry pissed him off. Why? Not sure. But if you did this guy wrong somehow Jerry, apologise. This guy IS what I consider rockerty. Just a good dude thats likes the hobby.I hope he changes his mind. We all have bad days.He's just a bit pissed.

who
new
up
will

I am willing to apologize on general principal.
But I believe I did him no wrong. He is just the kind of guy that loves to dish it out (and pile on) but cannot take it.
Most reasonable people dislike even a little criticism and abuse, no matter how much they are spewing.
Just like the attempted anon trolls do.

He is too reractionary and attacking to be classed a "good dude". I might call him a "compulsive dude" considering how many really nice rockets he has in such a short time. He was destined for burnout. I have a suggestion. Don't be excessive yet again by "dumping everything".
Just take a "break". Scale back the building a bit, scale back the attacking posts and chat a whole lot. Actually fixate on FLYING rockets and attending rocketry SOCIAL GATHERINGS (actively changing the subject off attacks and piling-on whenever possible). Those are the most rewarding aspects of rocketry anyway.
If I could wish for anything for Firemanup (whoever he really is, or anyone else), that would be it.
Be a G008, not an H640.
Jerry

Firemanup is a good guy.. and from what I can gather from a simple perusal of this newsgroup, a little more respected, and most certainly more respectful than some living in the 91711 zip-code. Take a look at TRF, EMRR or ROL, and you'll see the same thing.
How do I know this? Well, he's been my brother for the past 34 years, so I'd imagine that gives me a leg to stand on, and a fairly large pool of experiences to draw my opinions from. And as for his personal career choices, I don't know that I could have more respect than for someone who dives into a burning structure and pulls people out of harms way....melodramatic? Maybe a little, but simple fact nonetheless.
Hopefully he'll calm down a bit. This hobby needs people like him, and like the other people he's drawn into this hobby. But you can't blame him 100% on this.... hell, even Mother Teresa herself would probably be trying to gouge Jerry's eyes out if she had to spend more than about 3 minutes in the same room with him.
Some folks in the world simply need to belittle others to substantiate themselves. Recognize them for what they are, and then ignore them. I'll be giving Jason that advice, and I will follow it myself.
Matt Vennard NAR#82292 L2

<< ...even Mother Teresa herself would probably be trying to gouge Jerry's eyes out if she had to spend more than about 3 minutes in the same room with him. >>
Let me be the first to say it: This should be in the FAQ! :)

Which is more impressive.
That?
Or someone who has taught rocket classes at many elementary schools for 13 years AND run the second largest rocket club in the country AND formed LMR and HPR and a HPR magazine, or, one of a thousand similar firefighters.
I claim at minimum a tie.
Jerry

Impressive retort, and so on-topic.
<< Which is more impressive. That? Or someone who has taught rocket classes at many elementary schools for 13 years AND run the second largest rocket club in the country AND formed LMR and HPR and a HPR magazine, or, one of a thousand similar firefighters. >>
The work of a firefighter is far more impressive than anything a hobbyist does to promote their hobby. And one firefighter is worth a thousand Jerry "Big Fine" Irvines.
RayDunakin wrote:

Besides that, jerry was and still is the ONLY suspect in the Arson fire that burned Frank Kosdon's garage.

False. I was exonerated in full. BULLETPROOF alibi.
You?
You just love to spew shit, don't you?
Ready now?
Jerry Irvine wrote: