Bye to Rocketry, Large Sale

I don't think people wanted to point to you as an instigator. Not my read at all. I must be missing it entirely. Sorry.

My actual statement was:

"Personal attacks and such don't often come out of nowhere, but perhaps they did."

Reply to
Len Bryan

Actually there's only a few individuals at most who take Jerry's side and blame everyone else for Jerry's nonsense.

Reply to
RayDunakin

quiter!

Reply to
Christopher Pine

Yeh LOL i'm sure that's it, let's see other hobbies, fishing over 25 yrs and i'm as fanatical about it as I am rocketry but have i burned out..? no

Hunting, over 18 yrs, again fanatical on that as rocketry, have i burned out ? no

Bowfishing, 4 yrs, extremely fanatical, have i burned out on that? no

Showing dogs, in and out for over 10 yrs.. still going with that..

Some rules shoved down the throats by anybody are rediculous, i still do not understand how the government can tell me I can't smoke in a building i own because it's public, if the public doesn't wanna be there then leave. Seatbelt laws, helmet laws, etc.. etc.. ditto.

About the only rules fire marshalls shove down throats are safety related as a result of great fires in history, it's all catastrophe reform related. God forbid slum lords are made to furnish smoke detection systems that save lives, or fire supression systems, (read sprinkler systems) that save lives.. i'd love to see you hump up 12 flights with a high rise pack and other misc tools to a fire that could have been doused in minutes by a sprinkler system and tell me how foolish these laws are. By the way i've done commercial stories several times, i doubt 90% of the readers here could do it nonstop, with the gear i carried.

LOL yeh them bad fire marshalls, I do suspect you're more ignorantly referring to NFPA rather than fire marshall's but who knows.

Tell me some more about whimpy and i'll take you into a training fire and guarantee you'll run out, very literally, a long time before i even think about it, i've proven myself plenty in real life here...

The other mindset that made this country great and it's a Thomas Jefferson quote that i can't quote.. but basically i'll paraphrase..

All it takes is for a few good people to stand around and do nothing, and evil will win..

In my book if you don't denounce then it's implied that you endorse.. my issue about all of this..

If i implied to be a victim sorry, don't mean to. Mean to imply that if it's a hobby and is no longer an enjoyment then what's the point..?

My rocketry hobby is provided 98% online has i have no local vendors, nor local friends involved in it the way I am.. now when that online aspect goes out the window what's the point..

Reply to
FIREMANUP

Hey Arnold.

I agree!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Nobody was tsalking about firemen or fire codes in high density buildings.

Sounds like you need to become a member of the NFPA committee on high density building fire supression systems.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

LOL! No Jerry, I have neither the "connections" nor the will to hire goons to rough you up. It was a joke. Besides, if I was that kind of person I wouldn't waste a good kneecapping on you, I'd send them after the ATF. (JUST KIDDING!)

Reply to
RayDunakin

FMU... As a fellow TRF'er let me just say this. Whatever anyone has said that takes away your enjoyment from the "online" side of this hobby........."just let it go"...that simple... and you have control back over what you originally enjoyed. There's those of us who enjoy rocketry and then there's those that are in the JI mindset. Think about this for just a minute...brush yourself off...have a laugh and get back in there and enjoy what YOU chose to. I'm off the soap box now and hope to see you posting back on TRF. :D

Stones

Reply to
stones

You're right.. and still nobody is..

I know you're the expert and all here also jerry but are you referring to "high occupancy" as most building materials in any building would be considered pretty dense.. some more than others.. just like people... ;-)

Reply to
FIREMANUP

Don't those guys get you down, because we've got lots of flying to do this year! I hope you reconsider.....really I do.

-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L2

P.S. Pay no attention to Skippy, he is an insignificant zit on the buttocks of rocketry.

Reply to
J.A. Michel

Firemanup is a good guy.. and from what I can gather from a simple perusal of this newsgroup, a little more respected, and most certainly more respectful than some living in the 91711 zip-code. Take a look at TRF, EMRR or ROL, and you'll see the same thing.

How do I know this? Well, he's been my brother for the past 34 years, so I'd imagine that gives me a leg to stand on, and a fairly large pool of experiences to draw my opinions from. And as for his personal career choices, I don't know that I could have more respect than for someone who dives into a burning structure and pulls people out of harms way....melodramatic? Maybe a little, but simple fact nonetheless.

Hopefully he'll calm down a bit. This hobby needs people like him, and like the other people he's drawn into this hobby. But you can't blame him 100% on this.... hell, even Mother Teresa herself would probably be trying to gouge Jerry's eyes out if she had to spend more than about 3 minutes in the same room with him.

Some folks in the world simply need to belittle others to substantiate themselves. Recognize them for what they are, and then ignore them. I'll be giving Jason that advice, and I will follow it myself.

Matt Vennard NAR#82292 L2

Reply to
Matt Vennard

Hi Firemanup-

Herte is my advice. We used to have another "I am going to save rocketry from itself" person here named John Cato. He had it in for everyone just like JI. During that period, he was attempting to screw TRA (and in doing so, those of us who fly) by NFPM inquiries and reports. We had a NFPM meeting in Albuquerque, and I along with others invited him free of charge all expenses paid to come and voice everything once and for all. He did not show up, respond, anything. JI is the same type of animal. All talk, no action. He says he is just trying to make it better for the hobby, but he is not. So, I will offer you some advice. For me personally, I would not piss on JI if he was on fire. He is just not worth the trouble. Go do something that will just eat away at JI's small, little psyche- Go get some Kosdon motors and fly fly fly.

C-YA

Bill

Reply to
Arsbill

Not too long ago there was a sequel: "Izzy", aka "Cato II: The Uncalled For".

Reply to
RayDunakin

BULLSHIT

BULLSHIT

BULLSHIT

BULLSHIT

I believe it.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

He is in the majority. Hence the term "LONE RANGER".

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Which is more impressive.

That?

Or someone who has taught rocket classes at many elementary schools for

13 years AND run the second largest rocket club in the country AND formed LMR and HPR and a HPR magazine, or, one of a thousand similar firefighters.

I claim at minimum a tie.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Then you missed his points.

Respect.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

CLAIM anything you want, FUCKWIT. You CLAIMED you were shipping "model airplane parts". Your CLAIMS are worth SPIT.

Reply to
Fred B

The work of a firefighter is far more impressive than anything a hobbyist does to promote their hobby. And one firefighter is worth a thousand Jerry "Big Fine" Irvines.

Reply to
RayDunakin

JI

That one cost you another fence sitter. I was always willing to concede that a large part of the animosity toward you was based on simple personality matters. Some people can't get along no matter what. I was even willing to accept that the whole airplane parts fiasco was a mistake on your part. I'm funny that way, I look for the good in people. I'd have given you points if you were an actual teacher, however that does not seem to be the case.

I would trade a thousand hobby rocketeers for one firefighter willing to save my tail in a burning structure. In fact, I bet Jason (FIREMANUP) would save you without a second thought - regardless of how he felt about you.

You comment that you claim that all you have done is at least a tie in social value with the work of any man or woman whose job it is to save lives gives credence to your detractor's claims that you are a bit of a self centered misanthrope.

No, you won't find me writing flame mail, or taking part in Jerry-baiting. I find that contemptible The only thing you have done is disappoint another BAR, and now have a way to go before you gain back that respect.

I, for one, would encourage you to step away from you keyboard for a while and reflect for a bit on where you fit in the world.

Al Gloer