Jacobs 2A Taper?

Anybody familar with a Jacobs 2A taper? Based on the fat end measurement, it might be a "2 Short", but I can't find any references to 2A, and that's what is stamped on the chuck. Haven't figured out how to measure the narrow end or the depth accurately yet.

It's a nice chuck, came free with the lathe, but the MT2-JT2A arbour seems to be on permanent back order (or the vendor is pulling my leg). Anybody know if I could use a MT2-JT2 arbour instead of "2 Short" or "2A"?

Thanks, Chris

Reply to
Chris

The 2A stamped on the body of the chuck is actually the model number of the chuck. It uses a #2 JT mount, not the "2 short", so a MT2-JT2 arbor would be what your after.

Reply to
John Sullivan

"Made in USA" - these I can figure out. Half inch capacity too! :)

Reply to
Chris

Jacobs actually made a 6A-2A model chuck, the marking "Taper" is to differentiate it from the threaded model. The taper is a 2.

Tom

Reply to
Tom