Kalamazoo saw 8x22 cut

I used a turquoise color match from HD (strange machine tool color from 1920s Hollywood on a Davis & Wells saur) in their alkyd machine paint. It worked great after a scrubbing bath with mineral spirits and a fine red Scotchbrite pad. So far (12+ years) so good.

-- In reality, serendipity accounts for one percent of the blessings we receive in life, work and love. The other 99 percent is due to our efforts. -- Peter McWilliams

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Steve has to visually check each posting -- because there is so much spam and even viruses being posted. He has a real job, so he can't always get to them as quickly as you might like.

Having your own web page is an alternative, which I mentioned as well.

I saw two copies of them -- posted using uuencoding instead of the more common base-64 encoding, which is probably why they did not get dropped automatically. But they *should* have been. And these may be why you keep getting comments about what you should do -- aside from people reading about your stateed intentions, and not yet seeing that you eventually used the dropbox.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

I'm on APN from Forte. Get a -real- newsserver, guys. ;)

-- In reality, serendipity accounts for one percent of the blessings we receive in life, work and love. The other 99 percent is due to our efforts. -- Peter McWilliams

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Does the one which allows pictures have the word "bin" (for binary) in part of its name? If not, it *should* not allow pictures.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

I saw the two full sets too -- but your news server is not

*displaying* them, apparently. If so, it should discard them when you try to post them, too.

And the images were gigantic -- (as were the ones on the dropbox). Each posted one in the newsgroup consisted of two articles each -- too big for one. And I had to reset my web browser in the dropbox from its normal 150% size down to 50% size so I wasn't looking at a tiny part of the image.

*That* is good.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

They came through for me... however, I'm pretty sure most usenet servers auto strip image files out, and/or kill such posts entirely if destined to non-binary groups.

If anyone is interested, my usenet comes from DSLExtreme... who they get it from I couldn't tell you.

Erik

Reply to
Erik

Sooo... I've been honing my tact skills for _that_ long. Thank you for noticing.

Dunno how strict giganews is (*) but news providers often cancel accounts for less.

  • last I read their AUP they at least paid lip service to being strict
Reply to
Steve Ackman

[ ... about posted binaries (pictures) ... ]

You *could* -- on an article by article basis, by examining the headers in the article. They show all the machines that it has passed through to get from the poster to you. Here is an example of your article:

npeer02.iad.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!\

Look for the header which starts with "Path: " The one closest to the "Path: " header is the server from which I got it. Each one on the way back is separated by a '!' (the "bang path" of old e-mail from before the domain name servers came into existence.) The "!not-for-mail" at the end is automatically installed to keep people from using the bang path for e-mail (because most news servers are no longer email servers).

Looks like a lot of "hiwhwinds-media" sites involved, and not much else.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols