Kyocera End Mills - Where to Buy

A month or so ago I asked Kyocera for a catalog. They sent a catalog and a price sheet. I'll be contacting them later today to see what their purchasing processes and policies are.

They really do have the best spread or range of sizes in the small stuff. Atleast on paper. When I was getting started (and still) I received a number of their end mills new from various Ebay sellers. Not that other brands were not decent, but I found I really liked the Kyocera pieces. Yes I like some of the coated ones Reid Supply sells also, but for a bare bright solid carbide end mills I get really really good life out of the Kyocera ones.

Anyway, I was wondering where the best place to buy them is? Some place that stocks a good selection, and buys enough to sell them at a reasonable price. I tried MSC, but they do not have a good selection. Their price is 20-25% higher than the published prices from Kyocera (I assumed that was "list" price), and they do not even show the sizes that I need right now.

Do any of you guys buy direct from Kyocera? How are they to work with?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Not sure of they sell direct so you probably need to find out who your regional distributer is....

BTW, if you are looking at small endmills etc you might also want to check out Harvey Tools if you haven't already done so.

PrecisionmachinisT

snipped-for-privacy@h20g2000yqd.googlegroups.com...

Thank you. I just sent them an email asking for a range of product catalog. Having never used their product I will of course be cautious before investing in a lot of their tooling.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Getting back to Kyocera. Who stocks them in a decent selection and quantity? MSC does not.

Reply to
Bob La Londe