Lagun Mill ?

I have an opportunity to pick up an older Lagun FTV-1 for $2500. It seems like a good price. The problem is that it is not powered up and has been sitting in a guy's garage for 3 years. I won't get to see it until Saturday. Is there anything in particular to a Lagun that I should be on the look out for?

TIA

Jay Cups

Reply to
JayCups

I ran a lagun for several years at this korean factory in carlsbad. We made x-ray grids for hospitals. That thin sheet that is put between the film on the x-ray machine.

The mill was a real beast for milling operations. Had a 8 inch carbide fly cutter, with adjustable inserts. Got those x-ray grids nice and smooth.

I never had much touble with it, except it would require a new table cross feed motor, seems like every year or so.

I would just crank the stuff, with a dial indicator on the table. Should be nice an smooth.

xman

Reply to
xman

The Laguns are great mills. However for that price, it should be pretty cherry with a DRO.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner