Larry Jaques (vise)

I lost my bids on used Wilton vises. Instead, I bought this vise that
you recommended:

It seems to be heavy duty enough to be usable, and I will not use it
for pipe holding. It was on sale for $44.
Ignoramus24248
On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 23:43:35 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, Ignoramus24248 quickly quoth:
You may rue the day you bought a large, swivel-jaw vise from HF, but if it locks well in place, without the jaws turning, you're in luck. I took another look at mine and it's a 6-inch, not 5. The main reason I bought that specific vise was that it was very large. I could use it as a press for U-joints and it would take a beating as well. And for under $25 (1970s dollars), it was a good value. I'm still beating the hell out of it nearly 40 years later. It was my main bending jig for years, too. Speaking of which, I need to anchor that HF bender to a bench some day soon.
G'luck with your 5655.
Reply to
Larry Jaques
With that big ole vise you have, just hold the bender in that. A piece of angle with one leg bolted to the bender & the other leg held in the vise. Unless you have plenty of bench space to dedicate some of it to the bender.
Bob
Reply to
Bob Engelhardt
What about brushed vices? :-)
Harold
Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos
When it comes to vices, Larry is KING!
Reply to
Tom Gardner
On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 14:53:38 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom Gardner" quickly quoth:
Tendjewberrymud, Tawm. You're not too bad at those yourself, Brushmonger.
Reply to
Larry Jaques
It must be snowing out 'cause you guys sleigh me. Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Reply to
Gerald Miller