Lathe cleanup pix

Ignoramus27518

My poor lathe has been painted a time or two too many. Did you have an accident with the speed and feed table, sorta looks like a wire brush got away from you.

The little brother to this lathe is a current thread on HSM. Very clean.

Btw, did you get your belt(s) yet? What does the drive sound like?

Wes

Wes

That's why I am removing all paint that I can get to.

It was not me. The clutch handle was somewhat incorrectly located and bumped into the speed and feed table too many times. I have adjusted its position and it no longer does so, but the feed table is damaged. If Clausing has a replacement and it is inexpensive, I will replace it.

Looks very nice. I am envious of the looks. Since this lathe looks like it is a good one, and I hope to keep it for a long time, I want mine to look good as well. I am cleaning it everywhere , stripping off old paint etc, and will paint it when it is fully stripped.

I did, but I did not install them yet. I was busy fixing the Clausing drill press, I want to get rid of it as soon as possible to free up space.

Ignoramus27518

Umm.. Why are you doing this with the lathe still assembled?

regards Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand