Some more lathe progress (some pictures and some without)

  1. I leveled it with a Starrett 98 level. Not completely perfectly, but a good start.

  1. Replaced speed and feed table.

OLD:

NEW:

  1. Installed a VFD. I do not like the way I mounted it, I will have to redo it. Maybe I can get a monitor arm if any are thrown away at my work.

I still have to wire it with the lathe's forward/reverse switch, but I ran out of time last night.

Ignoramus26563

How much did that bit cost?

I ordered wipers for my lathe tonight. Not too pricey.

Btw, how much did you give for your lathe?

My lathe and mill are both running off a 5hp rotophase. I'm using 20a 125/250v twist locks I bought at Home Depot to connect power to them. I like being able to remove power from a machine when working on it.

Did you get it done today? How is it running?

Wes

Wes

$21 or so.

$500.

remove power

That's a good idea.

Yes. It runs perfectly, exactly how I want.

If the VFD is controlled by external switches (the switch on the lathe), it runs at 60 Hz. I can also change the VFD to work in panel control mode and then it runs at the frequency I set on the display Then I can set it to 10 Hz or whatever, like yesterday, when I was machining the face of the chuck mounting plate.

This VFD that I installed, I had, and it had some minor cosmetic damage (not visible on the photos) , so I could not sell it for a lot of $$ but I had a great use for it.

It is also programmed for soft start and soft stop.

Ignoramus20464