Liability & responsibility of electrician?

CNC machines are NOT 'house electrician' level work.

Where did you get the idea that this was a 'house installation'?

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

You're nuts. Maybe at the end of a 100 yard long run. Maybe.

There is no reason, however, for the entire feed to a building to sag that far between loaded and unloaded.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

It's called a thermostat

Of course. I was jesting.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

You're an idiot. That is like saying that if you hire an electrician to run 245Volts to your 120 volt microwave oven, he'll do it, and will not be at fault for doing something against the rules.

High power devices should never, repeat NEVER be hooked up merely "to the disconnect". It should ALWAYS be examined for its POWER panel connections to insure against improper attachment. PERIOD!

Goddamned cross posting retards! < reference to the OP.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

You're a semantical twit.

It was obvious to me what he was referring to.

Distribution feeds.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

CE? I am surprised that they did not want it to read "95 - 265 VAC"

That is what most CE equipment works at.

It makes a product that barely works in Japan's 90V realm, and then only on some products.

I had to do a redesign to insure that a production printer (supply)would be marketable/functional in Japanese geographical/voltage markets.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

RCM only, you turkeys

On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 07:50:13 GMT, the infamous "Harold and Susan Vordos" scrawled the following:

Oy, vay, 'Arry. These are trollings. Filter them and be happy.

P.S: Do you see the names and email addresses of these guys? Isn't that enough to clue y'all in?

P.P.S: How does that hook feel, sticking out of your cheek like that?

-- After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music. -- Aldous Huxley

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I know about that. I lived in Japan once. 100vac and 200vac power distribution, half the country was 50 cycle and the other 60 cycle back then.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

distribution, half the

A japanese physicist I know always said that failing to unitize the power grid is the biggest thing that the Japanese people have against the US occupation forces.

Reply to
Stuart Wheaton

distribution, half the

I always wondered why they even started out using to different frequencies.

Just dags and found it is still messed up. I was there in the late 70's.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

I wasn't aware of this nightmare. I feel slightly better now about the fact that our U.S. made cars have metric & imperial sized fasteners all over them while any other made car has just metric. It's all about the money & who gets the most of it.

Reply to
syoung

Im not. Nor am I licensed. Yet I do the electrical work for many clients. And my business cards indicate that Im neither.

It has to do with how good you are, and that they know it.

Gunner Asch

Then you have been in few CNC shops west of the Mississippie.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Which demonstrates how little you know. I've worked with several CNC machines intended for secondary operations that could be moved around the shop as needed. All ran off a line cord.

David

Reply to
David R.Birch

Note: That was a slash, not a dash. This was not a "universal input", it was a dual-voltage device, with a 2:1 switchable primary. I was surprised that they didn't want 110/220 or 120/240 or 115/230. Nope, they insisted on 110/240. Go figure.

Reply to
rangerssuck

Yes and start out by NOT cross posting horseshit questions into several groups.

That is a retarded nym, but somehow the stupidity of it does fit you.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Do you even know how old the machine is? Doh!

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Technically it should be 120/240, I think the examiner wasn?t awfully intelligent. Was this a UL CB ?

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

Does your work get inspected? (no, I do not mean by you, idiot)

You may be a professional something, but 'professional electrician' will not be the title.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

" snipped-for-privacy@fonz.dk" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@c9g2000yqm.googlegroups.com:

No neutral involved if the tap is marked 220, just two hots.

Reply to
Charles U Farley