Liability & responsibility of electrician?

You'd think so, wouldn't you.

This was an outfit from Canada that specialized in CE approvals.

Reply to
rangerssuck

Ayup..and if you put a plug and cord on a CNC machine..it too is "temporary" and doesnt require a license to do.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or about Sun, 05 Jul 2009 13:41:29 -0700 did write/type or cause to appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Electricity is like water: if it 'flows' in, it has to 'flow' out. Unlike water, though, it will take short cuts "out of the pipe".

That it always has. Even if you have the blessing of the Treasury Wizards.

tschus pyotr

pyotr filipivich

I was going to ask "When the cost of getting a permanently wired lathe inspected is $1500, verses inspecting the same lathe with a pigtail and a plug in for $500, which rout do you reckon the shop will take?"

Heck, I know of houses being wired up with a big plug where the house power would connect. Made the entire house "an appliance". EE

- weird bunch.

pyotr

pyotr filipivich

You can get a license without being in the union.

Excuses do not make you qualified. Especially if the tests you took were way back in '74.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Of course I can. And did.

Where did you get that date from? Was that the year you were spawned?

I put my C7-C10 on "Hold" with the California BCA in 1998. I think its expired now..as I recall, it only had a 10 yr life on hold.

Shrug..another weekend at a Contractors Fast Learn and take the test on Monday. Not a big deal. Except the fees and costs. Which means Ill simply continue on as a CNC tech who occasionally does electrical work, until the economy turns around. Of course..I may be near retirement age by that time...assuming the US doesnt melt down totally.

Shrug

Gunner

Gunner Asch

I never said it wasn't.

Hooking up 245 volts on the 220V tap, however, is an error on the installer's part.

The discussion is about proper hook ups and improper hookups, not what you think one needs to worry about or not.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Not 5kW machinery, no. D'oh!

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

A little printer that cuts out stickers is technically a "CNC Machine" as well.

The term usually refers to much larger load devices, not your Sears sign router. Also, a good hint was that he had to have wiring ran for it.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

More guess as you go bullshit.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

It can be practically guaranteed to be such.

Exact same turns count, same construction transformers rarely ever operate exactly the same. There are just too many places for slight differences to find their way in.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

quiscent is not a word, you retarded twit. Not even when a total retard like you capitalize it.

Something tells me that you do all caps because you are sitting at a cell phone tapping this drivel in, and are too stupid AND too lazy to learn how to type in lower case. The sad part is that you actually spend time keying in your tripe on a cellphone.

If that is not the case, and you actually have a caps lock key right there in front of you, then you are the biggest retard that EVER hit Usenet.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

The stipulation was "one side" and "the other side", which sounds to me like the windings of a single center tapped transformer, so NO, there is NO way that there could be that much of a variance between the two, dipshit.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Wrong. Plugging in the machine does not. Wiring up the cord to the machine does not, but installing the wiring run, even if to an outlet to feed the machine does.

Yes... even in California.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Then you are a simple minded (already show us that) buffoon who probably is the mail boy in a lawyers office.

Shrug...you are among machinests and machine workers son..and you honestly look like an utter twit when you get your snit on.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

It would depend.

Gunner Asch

Cites?

Your ignorance is showing again, badly. Bummer for you eh?

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Bwuahahahahaha! I'll bet your skill set matches your price schedule. Low and lame.

Hummm? Yeah, you'd probably be better at that.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Doubtful.

What is that a pussy surfer boy threat?

I will live far longer than a twit like you.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

I knew what a 10 thousandth inch tolerance was before I was 7 years old, way back in '67. Likely years before you did, f*****ad.

I think I have more on the ball than your machinIsts (learn to spell, retard) and your machine workers do.