Liability & responsibility of electrician?

He is a retarded troll, and he deliberately refrains from treating the crap he posts at the of the crap he posts as a sig.

Reply to
RoyLFuchs

To be more specific: hyphen, hyphen, space, newline.

Reply to
Doug Miller

The point is that a measurement of 245V, in and of itself, is not proof of

3-phase delta service. I measure 243V between the two legs of my residential service, and I'm quite sure that it's only single-phase.
Reply to
Doug Miller

What is the voltage at the old location? If it is 240 then there is no issue with anything the electrician did...

Reply to
ingvald44

How ever, it is most likely originating from a 3 phase source via a single phase xformer.

Reply to
Jamie

What's that got to do with the price of oats in China?

Reply to
krw

I don't know about oats, but I hear the price of rice is up!

Reply to
Jamie

Reply to
RoyLFuchs

Your name Shoppa or Lammeh? Just wondering, because that is a pretty lame outlook.

Reply to
life imitates life

I figured that you were talking through your ass again.

Reply to
krw

I'm concerned that the system engineer (was one) didn't know what they were doing - no internal protection - or was the customer to cheap and didn't buy an option.

I hate that kind of option - to lower the price and risk failures.

Power lines have gone from 200 to 245 in my lifetime and will likely continue to inch up.

Remember 100v and then 107 and 110 and 115 and 120 and 125 and 130...

Pushing more power with the same cables - requires higher voltages.

Mart>> >>

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

We have never gone above 120 anywhere in the lower 48 that I remember.

Please refrain from top posting.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

I ALWAYS top post. Keeps from having to read the drivel.

But as for line voltage, I monitor my voltage with an accurate digital meter. floats around 123 to 125 except during hot summer afternoons when it sags appreciably.

As for the sag, the guys > >

Reply to
RoyJ

You are the weakest drivel... goodbye.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

That 'accurate' 'cheap chinese' 'meter'?

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Sigh! I'm through wasting my time with you. Take it up with someone that gives a damn.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

It is always from a three phase source. That's the way it comes from the generators, although only one leg is generally used for distribution.

Where I live, one leg of the three phase ran the power for everyone on the hill. When they needed to increase capacity, I paid for the third leg to be installed while they were upgrading the service with the second leg. That's how I ended up with three phase service in my shop, having had the primary lines extended for over two miles.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Not a lot, but it may have a profound effect on the tariff on peanuts in Brazil.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

That's a matter for opinion and apparently, yours don't count!

Reply to
Jamie

That is a matter of fact, though you wouldn't know a fact if it bit you where you talk.

Reply to
krw