Liberator Updated

W E L L ?

Which means I'll have to start watching teevee again, at least for a little while. Wait'll they taste -actual- reality TV, huh?

"Live from Joisey: A RINO Liberal mental patient who went by the name of "Ed" was violently..."

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Odd..where the hell did that definition come from? Did you fart it out of your ass???

Or did you get it from someone in the DNC?

So Johnny..hows that Hopey Changey thingy working out?

Hummmm?

Reply to
Gunner Asch

You're using the "classic" definitions which are not so accurate in American politics. A libertarian is extremely liberal, but in America may be considered a conservative.

Stumpy

Well, I figured that you need to start with the basics and once one gains an understanding of that one could go on to more exotic descriptions.

Reply to
John B.

A great deal snipped

You somehow seem to be arguing that in the last 150 years "we" have somehow become more enlightened and I'm not sure that is true if applied as a broad brush statement. Listen to any fundamentalist Christian preacher, for example, "If you don't believe my way, you are damned for eternity". Of course, the Moslems seem to be saying the same thing :-)

I think that people are just as opinionated and bigoted as they ever were but the modern U.S. penchant for "politically correctness" limits what they feel they can say in public.

Reply to
John B.

Hmm. Well, I think that the *most* modern penchant is for people to talk like they were raised in a pigsty and to have lost all sense of decency.

I think we behaved a lot better 50 years ago, and it's reflected in our politics.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

50 years ago? 1963? Lets see...

George C. Wallace becomes governor of Alabama.

The Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary on Alcatraz Island in San Francisco Bay closes

James Meredith becomes the first black person to graduate from the University of Mississippi.

John_F._Kennedy_assassination

I Want to Hold Your Hand released in the U.S., marking the beginning of full-scale Beatlemania.

Was it a good year :-?

Reply to
John B.

In the terms we're discussing? Definitely.

Wallace was singing his swan song; Meredith marked the beginning of the end for Jim Crow. Kennedy was killed by a nut who was tangled up in the Cold War. Beatlemania -- what was bad about that?

In terms of politics and political discourse, it was vastly better and more civil.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

My Catalina convertible was built!

Reply to