flying season???

this usenet is getting dull

IS anyone into flying season yet...

I saw some e-Combat last sat in Muncie,IN at IAC..

but it must be over 70 for me to declare it is flying season...

Reply to
sfrank69

Still a ways to go where I live. Here's what it looked like yesterday in my neck of the woods (upstate NY)...

You're waiting for 70 degrees. I'm still waiting for the snow to melt!

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
Robert Scott

I'm from the Willamette Valley in Oregon. If the precipitation is light enough that it neither pounds the plane out of the sky nor drenches the electronics in flight, then it's flying season.

If you don't have that attitude out here, you only fly two months out of the year. (and that's boring).

Reply to
Tim Wescott

I guess I need to man up. One of my buddies has been flying almost every weekend for weeks now. mk in central Texas where we finally got some rain.

Reply to
MJKolodziej

There's hardly a day here in Perth that's NOT a flying day.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Cold dry air lifts better.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

I saw it was warmer yesterday in Muncie than Dallas,TX!!

and my 2.4 gh stuff really looses range when it is drizzeling and snowing..

I have tested some parkies when all else would have landed...

and the RAIN really KILLED its range...

may go out and take an AIR HOG out and fly some...

it is in the low 60s in Muncie,IN now...

Reply to
sfrank69

Hmm... I hope you are aware of the fact that the Earth is round an that it is early autumn in the southern hemisphere right now? Not even mentioning places like Hawaii, where it is flying season all year round...

Reply to
Andrey Tarasevich

"""the Earth is round"""

some people will believe anything that they read on the internet!!!

the Earth is round the Earth is round the Earth is round

if you just keep saying it soon some will believe it !!!

Reply to
sfrank69

I'm in Central Oregon. Flying season begins here on Jan 1 and runs through Dec 31. There's a few days that aren't flyable, but the season is year round. Of course, you'll need skis part of the year. Paul

Reply to
# 42

I live in East-Central Illinois and it was 65 degrees and calm today. I thermaled the ole Slow Stick for about 1/2 hour and then took the Sig E-Force for a spin. I'm not too concerned with the temperature. If the wind is below 15 mph, I'll be out in the field flying something. Flying season year around.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
VEGASFAN

Sure it's round. Everybody knows that.

Flat, and round like a pancake.

Reply to
Blarp

I'm waiting also. A little over 70 is perfect temperature for my likes. As soon as it drops down there from 80's and 90's we frequently have here in Central Florida I'm taking the fleet out and piercing some clouds. I could get bored flying all year long. NOT :) Howard

Reply to
Howard

There is a season for flying? Wow. We fly all year round. Only Renaissance Faires and vacations interrupt my flying.

Dan Fubar of The HillPeople

Reply to
Fubar of the HillPeople

Piker!

It is always time to fly!

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Our flying season starts 1/1 and ends 12/31 - with the exception of no more than a half dozen days when it only gets to 50ºF.

BTW, got some nice deals on Patio Homes under 200K - golf course community and only 20 minutes from the field. Two car garage with plenty of room for a decent work shop.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

anybody thinking about a home that isn't buying right now is just missing the boat. Houses here in Florida took a nosedive you wouldn't believe. They are back to 2000-2002 prices. I know of a 4BR 3B waterfront house in a great neighborhood in Tampa that was worth $650,000 before the bubble burst. The owner is now trying to get $350,000 and nobody will even look at it! Go figure, eh?

Reply to
Jim

Yeah, but its Florida. I just cant see buying a house someplace with a 90% humidity rate that's at the risk of being wiped off the face of the planet every hurricane season. Ill stick with the brushfires and occasional earthquakes...

Dan

Reply to
Fubar of the HillPeople

I used to live/work in the Bay area and I remember falling asleep at the wheel on the way home one evening. No damage done, it was in the parking lot called 101.

Brushfires and the occasional earthquake are not intolerable but the flakes, nuts, and fruits are.

"Fubar of the HillPeople" wrote in message news:gqrlav$bf3$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org...

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Ya got a point...