flying season???

That's just something we publicize to keep the Yankees on their side of the line. I doesn't work to well however. We have to do more on the things like sink holes, red tide, giant palmetto bugs, lightning, and tornadoes, and oh yes, the spring break student plague, then all those crazy racing fans at Gator Nationals and Daytona.. Of course bike week and Biketober fest are also to be avoided.

Red S.

"Fubar of the HillPeople" wrote in message news:gqrlav$bf3$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org...

Reply to
Red Scholefield

Dan, Everyone is afraid of Florida. Humidity? Check temps and humidities in New York, New Jersey, Minnesota, etc. during the summer. It is MUCH higher than here. Hurricanes? We have prior warning so we can evacuate while the rest of the country gets 'no notice' tornadoes, earthquakes, flash floods.

I lived in the great frozen north for half of my life. I'll take Florida anytime. One more thing, You can always cool off in your airconditioned house or car, lay in your pool, go to the beach. But you just can't outrun the cold!!

"Fubar of the HillPeople" wrote in message news:gqrlav$bf3$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org...

Reply to
Jim

Aw Red, you're just gettin old! hahahaa.

Reply to
Jim

Oh, I wasn't saying it was the highest humidity in the country but we were talking about Florida not those other locations. Ugh, attended a wedding in Houston in June once. Fubar don't do humid! Of the two locations, with a gun at my head, I would pick Florida over Houston. As far as advance warning for hurricanes (not even going to go on about New Orleans and how much friggin warning do you need) I would imagine you would have to plan your yearly vacations to coincide with hurricane season so you have the time off for the annual beat feet to higher ground festival. True we don't have advance warnings for the earthquakes here in CA but we don't have an earthquake SEASON, esp. every year. Firestorm season, yes but most of us know better than to live in box canyons surrounded by dry tinder. Wealthy doesn't seem to equate with intelligence... As far as cold, well, I plan to retire to the Pittsburgh, PA area in a few short years and being retired, I wont have to go to work in the extreme cold and I have a lot of jackets and a blast furnace wife. ;-)

Dan Fubar of The HillPeople

Reply to
Fubar of the HillPeople