Lincoln 250 ac/dc welder score

Over the weekend I scored over 40 feet of welding cable for $60 (canadian funds). Not a terrific deal, but it came with a square top Lincoln Electric of Canada 250 amp AC/125 amp DC welder in very good condition which sweetened the deal a bit - - - . I figured at the scrap price of copper and the weight of the welder I couldn't go wrong, and for $60 I could afford to have a welder in the shop again. I gave my old 180 amp Emmerson to my brother about 15 yeaers agowhen his old welder burned out Anyone know approxemately when the "square top" lincolns were produced in Toronto? I say "square top" - it has rounded corners. Cables come out left bottom corner of the front of the case, AC/DC/REverse polarity switch top left. What is a "reasonable" value for one of these welders?

Reply to
clare

I once saw a comment that used Lincoln "tombstones" were dirt cheap so I kept an eye on their prices. That dirt must be Manhattan real estate, locally the AC/DC ones run around $200 and up.

Jim Wilkins

You should be able to find a copy of the manual here somewhere:

Then look for copyright years amongst the pages...

If you don't have any luck, post the model and serial number that's on it and I'll see what I can find :)

Oh and very nice buy!

Reply to
Leon Fisk

That's kinda what I thout -$200 US is like about $275 Canadian - - -

Reply to
clare

Didn't find a serial number yet but spec number is W352-3E9

Reply to
clare

I couldn't find anything with that number...

From your description it sounds similar to the old "Idealarc" machines.

Try posting a picture of the front if you can't find any model and/or code numbers. Their website isn't very user friendly without a valid name or code number to go by...

Reply to
Leon Fisk

I came across this old discussion too, you may find it of interest:

Leon Fisk

I've emailed Lincoln directly to see what they have to say.

Reply to
clare

The case looks like the one on:

but with a different faceplate and a lot less cutout at the back.- also, it has the ac/ds switch top left.

Reply to
clare