Looking for 2MT-30 taper adapter

Im looking for a 30 taper holder that will hold 2Morse tooling.

Cheap or Ive got some New 30 taper face mill holders to trade.

Also needing an Extended Nose 30 Taper endmill holder so I can run woodruff key cutters on a horizontal mill. Prefer 1/2" but can bush if bigger

Again..cheap or trade.

Gunner

"Gun Control, the theory that a 110lb grandmother should fist fight a 250lb 19yr old criminal"

Reply to
Gunner

Gunner:

I picked up a lot of 40 taper holders on eBay - generally $10 to $15 apiece. Think some of it came from some of the sellers out your way - Reliable and others.

John Martin

Reply to
JMartin957

Gunner,

What is your drawbar thread ?

( You could likely use cat or bt with a drawbar change)

Reply to
"PrecisionMachinisT"

Ive made up drawbars for all the various threads already. I currently use Standard 30, Cat and BT tooling.

A Gorton MillMaster and a very sweet Clausing horizontal miller.

A gent in the UK has been offering the 30T-2MT holders on Ebay..but by the time I add in shipping etc..its pretty expensive for hobby stuff.

Gunner

"Gun Control, the theory that a 110lb grandmother should fist fight a 250lb 19yr old criminal"

Reply to
Gunner

Turn the shanks down to 1/2 in dia on the drills as you use em and be done with it.........

Easily done with a carbide bit, AR2 for a couple dollar a pop or so in bulk.

Or buy a cheep silver&deming set..............I have 4 cnc machines and around two hundred holders in 40 taper...

None of em are mt#2.

Reply to
"PrecisionMachinisT"

I have a number of other MT2 tooling of various sorts Id like to use in the mills, beside drill bits. Drill bits I have lots of. Everything from tap holders to Versa Tap tapping heads. Plus some specialty tooling I use for gun smithing. $25 or or less for an adapter is cheap if I can use the MT2 stuff I have. But thanks for the suggestions.

My home shop is a hobby shop, and as such , no family money goes into it, little as there is.