Looking for a lathe to buy

What the boss wants is something with a min of 44in. Were wanting this big to turn rifles barrels for customizing. It would nice if we could get a 4 jaw with it but getting a lathe the right size is the thing. Were willing to come pick it up if its not too far.

Reply to
clannorm

Too far from where? If you plan on boring or reaming you'll want a little longer bed. Bugs

Reply to
Bugs

To far from where?

Gunner

Gunner

Were in Arkansas. I was limiting the search to 250 miles or so but the boss is willing to go most anywhere in the US. Were not boring or reaming. Were taking completed barrels and tapering them or swamping the outside. These are for muzzleloaders and a 42 in barrel is the longest we would be modifying.

Reply to
clannorm

Well, there was wat sounded like a nice big one in PA mentioned recently under "identify this lathe" or something like that. Bit of a drive.

Reply to
Ecnerwal