Looking for: channel for screen doors

I have not seen preformed steel for mounting screens, but I have seen aluminum. I am in the finishing stages of a similar door and am planning to use the aluminum and clamp it in place with sheetmetal screws. The aluminum is available at Ace Hardware stores and probably many other locations.

Good Luck, Bob

Reply to
BobH

I want to make a screen door for my front door, welded steel tubing. Anyone know where one can find preformed channel that can be welded to the tubing to secure the screen?

Thanks,

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Didn't even think to try a local hardware store, just assumed they wouldn't carry it. Thanks, I'll check around!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Check for one that says "screen door repair" back in the service department. One local "wrought iron" outfit does some really nice work on screen doors, they do the scroll work and then mount some kind of finely perforated metal sheet behind it, spot welded on. Painted, it's a lot classier than just an aluminum screen door. It's a lot more durable on commercial shop doors than an aluminum screen door would be, too.

Stan

Reply to
stans4