Looking for Gasboy Model 620 pump parts

Several years ago I spent extra dollars to get the best fuel pump that I could find; a hi-flow Gasboy for pumping fuel into the airplane. I was not happy when it failed last Sunday.

I opened it up and all the wires were melted.

The local fuel equipment dealer offered to look at it.

I drove there (40 miles) and he started in on it. His tools were terrible but he got it apart. It appears that the main motor armature is bad. Bad for me that Gasboy closed their doors in January and no spare parts are to be found. I searched on line and no one that I could find has parts.

It is irritating that a well built expensive pump would fail within a couple of years of light use. Then added insult that it is not servicable.

I need an armature and brush assembly. Can anyone help?

Reply to
Bob

I dunno if you checked with GPI or not

It's probably unlikely that they will sell parts for any equipment related to fuel handling, due to liability issues, but ya never know.

Gasboy may not have manufactured the motor (probably not), although that doesn't make the quest any easier. Finding an identical motor, or even individual parts, will most likely be a matter of luck.

Reply to
Wild_Bill

Find a local company that rebuilds and rewinds motors. If you're lucky they may be able to identify it and order you a replacement. Alternatively they might give you a quote to rewind (re-build) it. If you're very patient and determined, you might do it yourself.

Reply to
Denis G.

ATP*

Thanks guys, I'll call SVI tomorrow. GPI is honoring Gasboy warrenty, but it is a partial credit on one of their units.

I checked with two local motor shops. One does not touch armatures and the other one is a possibility. I'll have to head there asap.

To address the immediate need, I went ahead and picked up a GPI pump. It works well; Smooth and quiet. I'll try to ge t the Gasboy repaired and keep it as a spare.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

I just got the armature back and started reassembling the pump. The motor runs nicely. I have to complete reassembly and rewiring then test. The armature rebuild cost $123.31 with shipping and tax. A replacement armature was quoted at $260, but no longer available.

Bob

Reply to
Bob