Looking for info on a Delta "toolmaker" surface grinder

I just bought a older delta surface grinder. It all seems to be there, I am looking for any information you might have. Oiling and bearing adjustments would be nice, but any information would be great. It looked like a light bench model in the dark, but once in the back of my truck it became much heaver. This sucker must be 700 pounds, and a bit of mass above the belt buckle too, no joy getting it out and onto solid ground with all the wet weather here.

Reply to
Waynemak

Yes, those machines are top heavy, be careful. I use and engine hoist to move one once, with a chain secured to the top column. The spindle is a hardened steel tapered journal as I recal, I used 10wt spindle oil, same as I used on lathe headstocks. I don't recall exactly how the spindle is adjusted, but it's not that difficult. I think you tighten a collar, basically tighten it to the point before the bearing starts to drag.

Reply to
Tony

Reply to
Waynemak