Machinery Handbook PDF

Does anyone have a copy of teh MH that was downloadable a few months back? I had it, but am recovering from a hard drive failure.
Thanks, Rod
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

There's plenty of CD versions of MH on ebay and amazon.com, Rod
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Sheesh!!! Why don't you guys learn how to back up you valuable files! I've not lost a one in almost 50 years of computing.
Ted

Yeah, I bet you were nervous about getting a virus in your abacus. :-)
Relz
Relz wrote:

"Pine Beetles Ravage IT Dept" Film at 11
2005 10:15:11 -0500 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

    Should be "Frescos at 11"
tschus pyotr
"That's why we always used the clay beads."
--
pyotr filipivich
We didn't have these sorts of problems when I was a boy,

He had an abacus???? When I was a lad we had to count using our fingers and toes. That is when our toes weren't occupied with walking to school, miles through the snow, up hill both ways!
Our bare feet wrapped in barbed wire for traction on the ice of course.
Errol Groff

Hah. You had it lucky. We couldn't get barbed wire, we had to use shards of glass. But we didn't complain, no...

I remember one day the path was so slippery that every step forward resulted in sliding back three. the only way to get there was to turn around and walk the other way. A couple weeks ago, at a boot sale in the other London, I upgraded my backup system from an abacus to a nice little No. 28 Concise slide rule (circular) for 50p. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Are we to presume that you still have all of your files on tape - paper tape, that is - or do you still have them on punched cards?
Either way, do you have a reader for that media?
If you can't read those "almost 50 years" worth of backup copies then they're useless. <BG>
PS: If you *do* have a paper tape reader, I've got a few rolls you could transfer to DVD for me...
On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 06:00:59 GMT, Ted Edwards

Put the darn thing on a CD.

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 22:10:01 -0400, the renowned snipped-for-privacy@sny.der.on.ca wrote:

Or a DVD (4.7G , super-cheap**) . Or a double-layer DVD (8.5G, still a little pricey). Can't wait for recordable HD-DVD and/or Blu-Ray disks.
** huge spindles of blanks in supermarkets, computer stores, office supply places etc. etc. It is very gratifying that people are finally taking their data backup seriously.
Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

You still can't beat an extra hard disk. They go on sale with manufacture's rebate at unbelievable prices at Best Buy. I got 80 Gig ones for $20 a month back. When you install them, it asks you to backup up your complete machine. When the old HD breaks, just unplug it. I lernt the hard way - restoring a crashed computer HD from CDs will take you all day - restoring from another HD takes 5 minutes
Karl
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:33:07 GMT, "Karl Townsend"

Best way is 2 IDENTICAL drives - mirrored by the operating system. Break the mirror set and pull the second drive - store offsite. Then back up data only on CD or DVD. Whenever a new program is installed, or major updates are done, re-do the mirror.
With DVD you CAN do a complete "bootable" copy of the hard drive to DVD id the partition is small (set up the HD with a "system" partition and a "data" partition. The "system" partition does not change often - so you back up the DATA on a regular basis - does not have to be bootable.
Spehro Pefhany wrote:

Data backup?? They are actually pirating movies and music :)

No!!!!
Best regards, Spehro Pefhany