Machining Curriculum

From time to time the question about what specific things are most important to learn about machining.

I have scanned the 1990 curriculum of the state of CT Vo-Tech machine tool program. This scan is in PDF. Also available is the current curriculum in DOC format.

I base my teaching mostly on the 1990 program as the new and improved program is, in my opinion, greatly water down particularly in the basics.

It should be understood that students perform shop assignments based on the information learned in the classroom.

I hope that you find this information interesting and welcome your thoughts and comments on our program.

I am posting this message in several locations so don't be surprised if you see multiple copies.

Link is near the bottom of the page.

Errol Groff

Instructor, Machine Tool Department H.H. Ellis Technical High School Danielson, CT

Reply to
Errol Groff

Excellent post, Errol. You are a gentleman and a scholar. See you ar NAMES again next year, I hope.

From time to time the question about what specific things are most important to learn about machining.

I have scanned the 1990 curriculum of the state of CT Vo-Tech machine tool program. This scan is in PDF. Also available is the current curriculum in DOC format.

I base my teaching mostly on the 1990 program as the new and improved program is, in my opinion, greatly water down particularly in the basics.

It should be understood that students perform shop assignments based on the information learned in the classroom.

I hope that you find this information interesting and welcome your thoughts and comments on our program.

I am posting this message in several locations so don't be surprised if you see multiple copies.

Link is near the bottom of the page.

Errol Groff

Instructor, Machine Tool Department H.H. Ellis Technical High School Danielson, CT

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Robert Swinney