Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 21:54:07 GMT, rex@@txol.net (Rex B) calmly ranted:

Those are excellent refreshers for those of us who haven't used some of this machinery for awhile.

---- A mostly meat-powered woodworker, and proud of it.

Website Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

thanks for the info/site. this actually answered a couple of questions for me.

cus

Reply to
CusMarsh

I just tried to look at with my Netscape browser under RedHat 7.1 Linux. Just to be safe, I clicked on Low Bandwidth and immediately got a blank page, with "Document Done" at the bottom. How do I have to have Netscape and my system configured to watch the videos?

It isn't urgent to solve this problem, since I can always go to the library, make an appointment to use one of their PC's for a half hour, and and try to watch one of the videos on their PC's under Windows.

Reply to
Allan Adler

Just to be safe, I clicked on Low Bandwidth and immediately got a blank page, with "Document Done" at the bottom. How do I have to have Netscape and my system configured to watch the videos?

Reply to
Keith Marshall

I downloaded them to disk last night - right mouse button (RMB) and do a save target as...

Then when I click > rex@@txol.net (Rex B) writes:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

I downloaded and played using mplayer on a Debian/Sarge installation:

There is a plug-in for Mozilla at

but I'm not sure if this will work w/ Netscape.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Birrer

target as...

I downnloaded the movies also, but even after upgrading Quicktime to the latest version and downloading the latest DirectX per Apple, I have a problem. The pictures seem nice and smooth but the sound is chopped up and sounds echoie(sp). This is the reason I upgraded Quicktime to the latest version. Any ideas? Thanks Dave Foreman

Reply to
Dave Foreman

target as...

A guess: do you perhaps have software driven audio ? Is your audio built in to the motherboard ? A lot of motherboard sound implementations used the CPU to do some of the work, and during video the CPU happens to be very busy.

Reply to
Scott Moore

I downloaded the files and watched them with mplayer on my RHEL 3.0WS system. I think there is a quicktime plugin for Mozilla, but I've never installed it because I like the player controls in mplayer.

Reply to
Jim Levie

target as...

Scott I have a Sound Blaster Live. With the latest drivers I can find, etc. The only problem I have with it seems to be movies. Dave Foreman

Reply to
Dave Foreman

target as...

Test all of them with your virus detector then turn it off. I suspect you are swapping to much to disk and running out of memory or to many cpu cycle steals to your detector.

Martin

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn