Make your own trailer from M105A2 bed (RogerN?)

|m105a2&Ntk=P_Auction_Country_State|P_Lot_Title&Ntx=mode+matchall|mode+matchall&N=0&Nty=1&Ns=Lot%20Number|0&location=US_IL&words=m105a2&cmd=keyword

Apparently, a shipload of M105A2 beds is being sold at Rock Island
base, in sets of three each. I have a feeling that they are new old
stock. I also have a feeling that the military is dumping all M105A2a
and probably all M35A2 trucks also.
And if I was single, I would for sure buy an M35A2 or A3.
Anyway, I made my own trailer out of a bed like this 3 years ago and I
have been very happy with it.

Rock Island may be close to RogerN.
A word of warning, since such a huge quantity is being auctioned,
selling off the unused beds may be difficult if the market gets
flooded with them.
Ignoramus1469
|m105a2&Ntk=P_Auction_Country_State|P_Lot_Title&Ntx=mode+matchall|mode+matchall&N=0&Nty=1&Ns=Lot%20Number|0&location=US_IL&words=m105a2&cmd=keyword>
Buy the M35Ax and you can be single...
If you get them cheap enough, it's always scrap steel after you pull whatever bits you want off of them. Your gov paperwork specifies you won't export them, but that doesn't apply to the US scrap metal dealer grinding them up and selling the grindings to China where they can turn them into more Harbor Freight goodies.
Reply to
Pete C.
|m105a2&Ntk=P_Auction_Country_State|P_Lot_Title&Ntx=mode+matchall|mode+matchall&N=0&Nty=1&Ns=Lot%20Number|0&location=US_IL&words=m105a2&cmd=keyword>>
Crikey, the gummint is paying over three grand for those fookin' beds by themselves?!? Acq Value:3 $9,048
-- Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed. -- Storm Jameson
Reply to
Larry Jaques
|m105a2&Ntk=P_Auction_Country_State|P_Lot_Title&Ntx=mode+matchall|mode+matchall&N=0&Nty=1&Ns=Lot%20Number|0&location=US_IL&words=m105a2&cmd=keyword>
According to Google maps directions Rock Island is 322 miles from me.
RogerN
Reply to
RogerN
|m105a2&Ntk=P_Auction_Country_State|P_Lot_Title&Ntx=mode+matchall|mode+matchall&N=0&Nty=1&Ns=Lot%20Number|0&location=US_IL&words=m105a2&cmd=keyword>>>
And they are worth it.
Ignoramus1469
I'm reading an article about exploring Sakhalin in a 'shishiga' truck. Would you buy one?
jsw
Reply to
Jim Wilkins
|m105a2&Ntk=P_Auction_Country_State|P_Lot_Title&Ntx=mode+matchall|mode+matchall&N=0&Nty=1&Ns=Lot%20Number|0&location=US_IL&words=m105a2&cmd=keyword>>>>
I find that hard to believe. What, are they made of titanium/unobtanium alloy? $3k is too much for an entire -trailer-, let alone just a bed.
-- Not merely an absence of noise, Real Silence begins when a reasonable being withdraws from the noise in order to find peace and order in his inner sanctuary. -- Peter Minard
Reply to
Larry Jaques
I like Deuce and a half better, for the sheer looks.
Its Russian equivalent is here:
That truck is still in production.
The newer version is here
I would own whichever one has better parts support, if I was single of course.
Ignoramus1469
That shouldn't be hard, just buy that CNC lathe you want and finish filling up the garage ;)
Karl
Reply to
Karl Townsend
The Deuce-n-a-haf wasn't much fun on the Autobahn, especially the rough concrete section near Frankfurt. When it was available we used a Suburban (C-10) that cruised comfortably at 100 MPH. It helps to have a rich Uncle to pay for gas.
Germany is too neatly manicured to test it's off road capabilities, at least in the places they let us set up radio repeater sites.
Waiting at one such site next to the Grenze, with perhaps two rifes and my pistol to defend it, there was little to do but practice saying "nicht schiessen" or "=CE=C5 =D3=D4=D2=C5=CC=D1=CA=D4=C5" (don't shoot). We= knew we were the cheese in the mousetrap.
jsw
Reply to
Jim Wilkins
I still can't figure out why anyone would want a deuceandahalf. They beat the hell out of you, they won't get out of their own way on the highway and they are noisy as hell. I need one now about as bad as I need a senior drill sargent as a roommate...
Reply to
Jim Stewart
Because they will go nearly anywhere on 3 different kinds of fuel and are rugged as hell.
Other than that..I agree with your synopsis
Gunner
I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)
Reply to
Gunner Asch
One with a crane would be a great tool to make money on ebay.
Ignoramus20659
I like the rowdy way they roll over cop cars. Pick up a copy of "Rambo: First Blood" and watch him bounce one over the patrol car.
-- Not merely an absence of noise, Real Silence begins when a reasonable being withdraws from the noise in order to find peace and order in his inner sanctuary. -- Peter Minard
Reply to
Larry Jaques
Jim Stewart on Mon, 13 Sep 2010 13:20:30 -0700 typed >> >>> ...
"and they have their badpoints as well."
The fact remains, they are multi-fueled, all terrain capable, robust as hell, and a threat in and of their own right.
And some people will read that sentence and say "Your point???"
it isn't that it takes all kinds, just that we seem to have all kinds.
tschus pyotr
Reply to
pyotr filipivich
Google figure of speech - analogy
Agreed.
Reply to
Jim Stewart
Jim Stewart on Tue, 14 Sep 2010 10:50:47 -0700 typed >
Ah, the old "finger bone of speech" routine. Like I said, some people will read that sentence, and not see the problem. Maybe because they are married to a senior drill sergeant. Or are a drill sergeant themselves. Or don't find it a problem. > >> it isn't that it takes all kinds, just that we seem to have all >> kinds. > >Agreed.
Reply to
pyotr filipivich
So now I'm wondering what your point is. Figures of speech are a totally acceptable form of English communications.
Your statement "finger bone of speech" is, in itself some sort of metaphor or figure of speech (I'm too lazy to look it up). Were you making it as some sort of sideways criticism of the less than straight- forward English?
Reply to
Jim Stewart
Jim Stewart on Tue, 14 Sep 2010 12:18:20 -0700 typed >> Jim Stewart on Tue, 14 Sep 2010 10:50:47 -0700
Albert the Alligator used it a lot in Pogo. Back in the dark ages.
Oh, never mind. >lazy to look it up). Were you making it as some >sort of sideways criticism of the less than straight- >forward English?
Reply to
pyotr filipivich
Fort Mudge was one of my first postings