Making a trailer

I am in need of a trailer to haul some for mulch around my house. WOuld makign one out of the back end of a pckup work? Seems I remember seeing some of these around several years ago. How would I go about doing it?

Reply to
stryped

There are a zillion ugly trailers made out of the back end of pickups. Find a totaled or ancient pickup with decent box, remove cab and engine, cut and fold the frame rails inward at the front of the box, and attach a suitable coupler. The axle alignment is not as good as a commercial axle since there is no caster or toe adjustments. Getting it registered may or may not be needed but the process will depend on what state you are in.

SWMBO demands that I not have anyth> I am in need of a trailer to haul some for mulch around my house.

Reply to
RoyJ

Can I purchase one cheap at a junk yard and just cut it there? Do I need a beam to makt the trailer stand out a ways from the back end of the truck so turning corners with my truck I am driving wont hit? Or can I just bend the frame rails and directly use an "A" coupler?

Is it hard to bend those frame rails. I have a torch but I dont have a rosebud tip.

Reply to
stryped

Just make it look like this.

Dan