McChrystal fired

No, what he said was that you were never on any list in the first place, which contradicts your own assertions - first that you were on the list, and later that you didn't even know if a list existed or not. How could your name be on a list that you claimed to doubt the existence of? And how come the list apparently exists again for you to claim being removed from? Ever thought of simply writing an honest, plain English explanation instead of weaseling?

But it was *you* who claimed to be on the list, so according to you, the list *does* exist, which makes your circular reasoning pretty silly.

It has to do with your lack of sincerity, which WN seemed to be unaware of. He also may not know that gummer announced that you were up for a governance position after the "great cull", an honor that most readers would expect to only go to a loyal supporter. Or are we supposed to believe that the culler HQ will be handing out appointments to those who sat on their asses? "Oh what a tangled web we weave..."

Your excuses will never make up for your preference to tap dance rather than speak plainly and sincerely.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

Damn, let me guess, that was a link to 260 brass plate that I posted to another site earlier. Subject there was machining cases.

That is what I *thought* I was linking for Don.

Trust me, other than the Supremes on guns, the rest of the day went steadily down hill.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

I know the feeling. I've done the same thing myself.

Sorry to hear about that. I just got back from a medical checkup by my adorable little female doctor. I actually look forward to those. 8-)

Reply to
Ed Huntress

The worst copy and paste was sending my credit card info to a busy irc site. I killed the card within minutes. Sometimes windows doesn't work correctly. Steve Gibson seems to think that ctrl CC is more likely to get your intended copy target. I got to learn to do that, I *know* I copied the right link using the keyboard shortcut.

I got an old guy that used to be a young guy back when I was a young guy.

Right now I have a process wash line with a 120 gallon per day leak out of a

1200 gallon tank. The new one is a month away and the concern is since there is a tank in side a tank (previous repair) we don't know where the leak is coming from. We are going to have to recycle the drip for a month or so. Laying in a puddle of water trying to plug the hole that is only the vent and not the inlet gave me some appreciation for BP's issues in the gulf. Currently my best techonlogy is a barrel lid (drain pan) and barrel vac to keep the leak under control.

The line is due for scraping, a new system is being built so I'm ordering a bilge pump tomorrow to recycle the leakage until the new system comes in. Strike that, I sent my boss an email and he ordered me the pump. Damn isn't McMasters wonderful! Should have it tomorrow.

In between this I start looking for a vibration issue in an Okuma LB15. I attacked the wrong end of the spindle system based on previous failures. It turned out that our custom pull back chucks had a jaw out 0.050" and the previous shift tech centered the chuck using a centering ring that put the body out of balance.

I centered the chuck body and ran the spindle, all is good, then I put the centering ring in and I don't have enough indicator travel to measure run out. Fixed the jaws (adjustable) and all was good once again.

I've been working the assembly side of our plant and so is my bud, we were both tearing into CNC's today since the machine techs were overwelmed by failures.

The Bangle's "Manic Monday" was in my mind all long day today.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Back when I was more studly and in better shape I used to compete, well tour, in the National 24 HR Challenge. Some Grand Rapids area band sent us off to the sound of bag pipes. I kind of like bagpipes and if you don't, it encourages you to set pace off the line.

Wes

Wes

Hey, racing bicycles is something else we have in common. I used to race road sprints (juniors) with the Somerset Wheelmen when I was in high school:

And I have an AYH 100-mile patch. d8-)

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Ouch! That's for younger guys. Assert your seniority.

Maybe tomorrow will be peaches and cream.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

109F with 20% humitity here today

Yesterday was 103F with 40%

Today was better

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 17:52:05 -0400, Wes wrote the following:

Were you walking like an Egyptian while you worked, Wes?

-- The most powerful factors in the world are clear ideas in the minds of energetic men of good will. -- J. Arthur Thomson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 03:26:50 -0700, Gunner Asch wrote the following:

It was 91F with an unusually high 46% hummerditty yesterday, while I climbed up and down a ladder staining an 8x10x45' pergola with latticework. Supposed to be high 79F here today. Today will be better.

Today will be better. I'll mark out the ground and wait (up to 48 hours) for the 811 guys to mark the utilities so I can safely dig for an arbor and gate there. Then I'll return home and dig back into Weber/Ringo's _March to the Sea_ with a glass of iced tea. Which reminds me to get out the sun tea jar and make more. (OK, brewing.)

-- The most powerful factors in the world are clear ideas in the minds of energetic men of good will. -- J. Arthur Thomson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I'm ready.

These things really work, and they're a hoot. Bugs make a satisfying ZAP as they meet their demise.

Our lake neighbor Lois, about 82 at the time, saw me using mine and wondered what that was. I invited her to try it. Well, she loved it! So I bought her one when back in town, brought it next trip. I can still see her dancing around on her porch zapping bugs and laughing with delight.

Lois died last Friday. Bummer. We've only known her and Zip for 5 years but we're gonna miss her bigtime. She was a superb storyteller with a keen sense of humor, and she definitely had some stories to tell.

Cold fronts affect bass and panfish too, but they get over it in a couple of days. Good fishin!

Reply to
Don Foreman

I almost bought one of those a few years ago, but the bugs in my yard have lightened up. It does look entertaining.

Sorry to hear about that.

And, to top it off, I just learned that entrance to and parking in our state parks and recreation areas is FREE once you pass 62. The lake I was talking about (Round Valley Reservoir) is in a state park. Parking is ordinarily $10 on weekends. Hee-haw! I might spend more time fishing now. d8-)

Reply to
Ed Huntress

In HF one day they were $3 so bought 3. Should have bought more, as they would make great gifts when we go camping.

Reply to
Bill McKee

I have a fondness for Lois's. My mom and my brother in laws mother have the same name.

I could see either Lois having a ball killing bugs with one of those things. I'll pick up a couple next time I'm near Grand Rapids. Both are over 70 years old and still going strong. My bil's mother has been fighting lupis for over a decade.

I still miss Eleanor, a suburb teller of stories. I haven't hunted a rabbit since she died. I've never been crazy about rabbit but she sure liked them, I delivered, head shot and gutted. Now they seem to be an endangered species in my area.

Enjoy a day on the water in the theater of nature. A good friend and a nice day is good enough, fish on is dairy topping.

[snip]

Wes

Reply to
Wes

They would! HF has them on sale for $2.99 every once in a while. I've gifted several of them over the years.

They tend to stimulate competition among playful people of all ages. It not as easy as it might look to zap a fly when temps are above 80 and the flies are quick. There is a trick that will win a few bets until the competition sees what works.

Flies make a very satisfying POP.

The racquet zappers also work very well against aggressive yellowjackets in the autumn. You want to get it right first time when returning overt hostility at those devils, and the zapper gets 'er done.

I wish I'd invented this gadget/toy!

Reply to
Don Foreman