metal finish

I just got back from a trip. We bought some antiques, and some small pieces.

One of them is a cast iron letter slot with flap. It is rusty, but only surface rust. I want to clean it up a little, and then seal it.

I saw lots of old ferrous items for sale that looked like they had been buffed and waxed.

What sort of finishes are applied to get things to look like that?

As well as what can I use on things that come out of a forge that I have either bent, spun, or worked to coat them? I want them to look glossy, and to stop rust.



Reply to
Steve B
Loading thread data ...

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.