Metalworking in Canadian bush

Yeah, the pieces were ground up pretty good, and of course no spares. Checked several places on/in the engine cowling, too.

spamTHISbrp

Hmmmm... that's really odd. There should be exactly three pieces (two short and one long), and in perfect shape (except that there's three instead of one).

Always kept spares in my tackle box, but used them ALL up in one afternoon coming back from Lake Woodruff after a bad thundstorm filled Spring Garden Run with lumber.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I have somewhere at home a book of cowboy humour, and in it is a poem about a ranch truck. Long poem that details all the stuff to be found in the cab of that truck. Hilarious. If I can find it I'll post it when I get home. You didn't mention the presence of a multimeter in your truck. Most engine hassles are electrical and I don't drive my '51 International anywhere without the meter in the glovebox. Especially since it has a Ford engine:-)

Dan

Reply to
Dan_Thomas_nospam

Years ago I got lost on logging trails in Oregon. I had no idea how extensive those things were.

No gas stations, no cell phone signal, no signs...yeah you've got to be ready for anything

Sounds like it was worth it though.

Reply to
GatherNoMoss

my corvette is like this. you have to cut a hole to remove a plug, and the heater core is behind the dash.

regards, charlie

charlie

Who knows what the PO used as a shear pin, evidently they went through a bunch of 'em...

My friend is quite good at damaging things in new and interesting ways. I suspect he tried to run the engine for awhile with it broken, jamming it R-F-R-F at speed.

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

It was really nice. When we were there the water was quote low, and yes, the wind is usually blowing to keep you there!

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp