Miller Blue Fire 180

A friend has the subject unit. He thinks that the circuit board has some failed componets. The board has conformal coating so it would be
hard to find the bad device(s). The least expensive price for a board that he has found is about $1000. Is there a more reasonable place or does any one know who might repair these boards. The diagram calls the board PC1 and the parts list indicates a part number, 179 437. Thanks for any help. Dave Foreman Tucson
What are the symptoms exactly?

If a part burned - you could see it. Fuses can be seen - might be a fuse or a wire...
Look for corrosion from moisture causing a short...
Is it the arc points that don't crackle ?
Is this a Miller SD 180 ? So TIG and Stick ?
Martin
Ignoramus31381 wrote:

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 20:24:19 -0500, "Martin H. Eastburn"

I am waiting on the sysptoms from the owner. This is a Honda 13 HP engine driven welder. There is a big full wave bridge Rect. to get DC. The electronics board controls the field to control the amps. And it does a couple of other things as well. It monitors the generator temp. There are 120 and perhaps 240 receptacles depending on the exact socket setup. Thanks for the replies. Dave Foreman
Dave Foreman wrote:

This is one of the few areas where Miller has done a less than stellar job, many of their circuit boards are not manufactured to be maintainable. It is very frustrating when you believe you could simply replace an opamp or something on a weld idle control board but the board is all sealed and potted and no longer available at any price and ridiculously priced even when available. My knowledge isn't exhaustive, but most red welders I've seen have nice boards with discrete components on them.
GWE

I saw the owner today and he has taken the unit in to get checked out and the tech told him the problem was on the circuit board. Dave Foreman