miller blue fire 180

is there a way to by pass generator board and use the unit for just welding.

Reply to
mj

Or to paraphrase, "why" :-)

Reply to
John B.

Presumably because the generator board has failed. I am not familiar with this particular welder, but most likely the generator board controls generator excitation and is required for any electrical output, power or welding. Post a link to a manual with schematics and I can answer the question for this specific machine.

Reply to
Glen Walpert