More progress with the mill

The economy is what's happened since your last paycheck. Sorry to hear about the Japanese parts. Maybe they laid their people off, or they're sending the parts to China first.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I learned how to add custom buttons and controls to EMC2/AXIS, so I can design my own control.

Besides that, did mostly minor, boring stuff today. Did not make a single chip. Debugged some G code. Took out a lot of unused encoder wires and put them in trash pile. Already much less clutter. Started cleaning garage, too.

I think that I will take out the entire wire bundle, going from the control box to pendant. It is huge and 90% unnecessary. I will keep the wires I need, add a few more that need to be added since the control is no longer inside the pendant, and throw away, the rest. It will make the control box a lot less cluttered, and would allow me to route the VGA cable and display power cord through the pendant arm.

Ignoramus22661

is only 90

Actually -- "nearly 90" is better than some of what we have been getting.

Visit:

and scroll down to look at the "Last 7 Days Outdoors" graph. Beware that the scale for the temperature (red) is different from the humidity (blue).

Today (yesterday by the time you read this) was pretty good -- at only about 87 F peakd. The previous two days peaked at 95 F, and within the last month, we had over 100 F (the official temperatures at the airports were higher than ours with some trees offering cooling shade).

If you are in time to see the 5-Aug-6Aug time, note the plateau of humidity (blue) -- when we had a total of nearly 3" of rain (now off the 7-day record in the "test tubes" display.

We got about 1.2" of rain last evening, and the humidity is sky-high again. :-)

But quite a few people lost power and several homes and one large apartment building were seriously damaged by falling trees.

This has been a rather exciting year for weather -- with over

30" of snow last winter and all. :-)

No air conditioning in the shop -- just a floor pedestal fan which I can point at where I am working at the moment -- or trip over trying to get past it. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

pack for a THK

worse than

opinion might be

Panasonic has a 25 week lead time on some electrolytics I need. I like their FM series low ESR 105°C capacitors for switching power supplies.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell