Mostly OT: Silencers

Come Down Under to New Zealand - quite legal here and we have a couple of local manufacturers. The difference with a well made, fully suppressed gun to the standard item is very impressive. Don't make the mistake of getting off the plane 1 stop early in Australia, as having a silencer there carries a higher penalty than using it to kill someone... Geoff

Reply to
geoff m

Let the record show that jim rozen wrote back on

28 May 2005 07:53:52 -0700 >

Yeah. And goofing on the whole "I'm getting old. Why when I was a boy, dinosaurs roamed the earth. Chemistry had three elements when I started school, but then they discovered fire. Had to rewrite the textbooks. You ever try and rewrite textbooks which were actually carved in stone? That was the main reason for slow progress in the sciences, everything was carved in stone, took up a lot of time. Secretaries in those days had big - arms!" And so on and so forth.

Stuff I don't have to know about in order to use. As far as I'm concerned, the computer could be using little elves with lanterns and really fast sign painting skills.

Data processing: input text, edit text, store results. Doesn't matter if you're using voice activated software [1], typewriters and paper, crayons and walls, or styluses and clay tablets - the "concepts" are the same. Its the execution which changes.

tschus pyotr

[1] once upon a time, "voice activated" word processing was called "dictating to the secretary."
Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Nope. Are they just more polite?

I'll look into this, "later".