Mounting pads for lathe

Decades ago where I worked they used pads between the floor and the machine. Do they still do this or should I rely completely on the built in leveling jacks/screws.

Thanks Bob AZ

Reply to
RWatson767

McMaster-Carr sells them.

Reply to
Mike Henry

I'm using pads, they look like an oreo cookie only square and made of rubber/cork/rubber. OK, nothing like an oreo cookie, but... hard shims to get it level, then one of these on each corner to quiet things a bit.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Dave

I'm using pads, they look like an oreo cookie only square and made of rubber/cork/rubber. OK, nothing like an oreo cookie, but...hard shims to get it level, then one of these on each corner to quiet things a bit.

This I will try. Thanks Bob AZ

Reply to
RWatson767

Bob: what did you end up buying? Did you get the Birmingham?

Mike

Reply to
mike