Mystery Bridgeport part

Would anyone know what it is?

thanks

Ignoramus21117

Hey Iggy,

Looks like the x-axis handle and the bearing plate. Maybe removed to replace with a ball-screw.

Take care.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

I would have appreciated a better picture. This one looks block-pix'ed. But, it reminds me of part of the ancient Bridgeport power feed, from the 1940's. It had a 7-speed gearbox and a high-low range gear, for 14 speeds. There was a rectangular box with a sliding dog clutch to connect the power feed to the leadscrew shaft. A lever stuck out the front to engage feed either way, or center for neutral.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson