need a drill press?

Just the thing for light hobby use. I bet this goes real cheap. Shipping would be your only cost. If you've ever used a radial arm drill, everything else seems like a toy.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

I'd take it but it only goes up to 2-9/16" bits.

Reply to
Buerste

You ought to buy if to drill your circuit boards!

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

Second that! I got to use one about this size at NASA Ames while in a work experience program. Biggest hole I drilled was around 2" dia with a

1/2" pilot. Didn't seem to strain it in the least.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Yeah, looks familiar. U. of Washington Physics shop has one just like that, I once saw it with a 3" twist drill bit mounted. I was a few minutes marveling on the largest twist drill I'd ever seen, before I noticed that the drill was in a Morse taper reducer... because that drill was too small to fit the drill press without an adapter.

This was one of the tools they kept in the two-story section with the crane.

Reply to
whit3rd

This one might be big enough for you.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

That would be for light, home use.

Ignoramus25756

I wonder if I could get it in my basement?

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

That's easy.

Just drop it on your first floor and it will go to the basement all by itself.

Ignoramus25756

Thats actually a pretty good looking drill press. No weight given, but

10,000 lbs is about right

Its a small one.

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766

Reply to
Gunner Asch