need a missile silo anyone?

16 large to huge underground buildings including a couple missile silos, a 125' dia. dome with 70' ceiling, on 57 acres--a formar USAF Titan missile facility in Washington State. Think I'll pass on this one, I'm short about 3,949,800 in expendable cash right now. What would you do with a setup like this?

Ken

Reply to
Ken Grunke

JR North

The ground water is at 700 ft. This is probably one of the few silos still dry.

Gunner

"No man shall be debarred the use of arms. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm those only who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants. They ought to be designated as laws not preventative but fearful of crimes, produced by the tumultuous impression of a few isolated facts, and not by thoughtful consideration of the inconveniences and advantages of a universal decree." - Thomas Jefferson

Reply to
Gunner

It does have the original 40 x 100 metal shop aboveground.

Reply to
ATP

There are silos that were bought by companies that do really high precision machining. The silos offer a highly stable environment that can be temperature controlled. They are free of the minute vibrations often caused by highway traffic because they are usually in fairly remote locations and are of massive concrete construction.

But most of them do need a pump.

Reply to
John Ings

There is a couple outside of Lincoln Nebraska that live in theirs, complete with surveilance room to monitor everything... They have turned it into a pretty respectable 'house' that the survivalist in any of us would envy.

StaticsJason

Reply to
Statics

Raise horses above ground, mushrooms below!

Reply to
Toolie002

Must be boring?? Check his feedback, he's been buying concrete drill bits(well needed when you live in a concrete house), Nintendo 64's, and Penthouse magazines..............

Tom

Reply to
Tom

How did the government keep the the wet ones dry, anyway? Pumps 24 hours a day? Seems like you'd be discharging a huge amount of water.

Noticed the "ex" ventilation buildings mentioned in the auction. So you asphyxiate in your new home?

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

A city wide blackout at Fri, 05 Dec 2003 23:58:34 -0600 did not prevent Ken Grunke from posting to rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Think of it as the ultimate earth sheltered home.

W/o more details, I can't be any more specific.

-- pyotr filipivich "We don't support "guns" ... the term "gun" gets in the way of what is really being talked about here - we want choice in personal security devices." Ann Coulter

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Hmm, That would be a great place for the mother in law! Or you could subdivide it, or make it a hippie commune or.......

Reply to
Dominick Fiumara