Need gears for K&T mill

Broke a few gears on a K&T number 3 hoz. mill Anyone know where can I find some. Thanks in advance. Tim Kallam

Last I heard K&T was owned by Giddings and Lewis. They charged $125 for photocopies of a couple of small manuals. I believe they have the part drawings and either have some parts or can reproduce them. I do not have a link but Google should find them. You may very well find out that the parts cost will exceed the value of the machine. You might luck out and find a machine being parted out by someone. Wish I could be of more help. Don Young (K&T 2CH vertical)

These guys are worth a try, but make sure you're sitting down when they tell you the price.
http://www.millingparts.com /

Its going to be cheaper to :
a. buy another machine b. have the gears made c. scrap out the machine
Ive had to condem 3 KT #2s in the last year or so, because the lube pump gears swollowed its ass. I actually saved one, by installing an outboard pump that pulls lube oil out of a hole drilled in the casting, and recerculated.
If you need a couple #2s, I can get em for you for less than scrap value (So. California)
I replaced the other two machines with KT #2s, which Ive been able to buy for $350 and $400 respectivly
Gunner
tim wrote:

Why don't you measure the gears and see if they are stock items? Most machine manufacturers used standard parts wherever they could, at least in my experience. Might be cheaper getting them from a gear distributor than from Kearney & Trecker.
John Martin