Need Help Estimate Software

//.

-------------------------------------

I have 5 estimaters doing around 100 Quotes a week We are a tool making shop. I need to turn the quotes faster. What software out there works? I'm useing Excell now. Need Help. John

Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - rec.crafts.metalworking - 172229 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
Greathorn

Suggest alt.machines.cnc might be a better group.

I hope you don't have estimators wasting time on 'motion' quotes.

Wes

Wes

You got me curious, so I did a little googling on the subject. I have friends who run a small fab shop and have suggested that they would gain a lot from even a simple "library" approach, which could be implemented on excel as you have probably done, but they still do every quote from the ground up. Oh well.

Anyway, if you haven't already done so, here's the search string that worked the best for me this morning:

+"job estimating software" -construction -contractors +machine

It gets most of the building trades stuff out of the way. I can see that much of the stuff out there goes 'way beyond estimating and quote production. I hope you get a lot of useful input on this subject.

Pete Stanaitis

Greathorn wrote:

Reply to
spaco