Need valve handle

Wanna bet?

Not arguing, but how the heck can you "drain a lake" with a 4" pipe? Or is this a teensy-tinsey little "lake"?

My "pond", which is only 1 acre-foot would take a couple of weeks to drain through a 4" pipe.

Those square-shank handles are common stock, but I cannot remember from where yet. It'll come.

Ahhhh.... remembered before I hit send. Check with an irrigation supply.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I need to replace a missing valve handle for a 4" gate valve; the valve drains my lake and is not removable. The stem has a tapered square shaft about 9/16" tapering to about 1/2". I had been using a 8-point socket for a handle but it slipped and took some corners off. A 9/16 4-point socket might work but I can't find one. A regular bolt on handle would probably be best, where do I find them? The valve is very old and partially buried in the mud so I don't know who made it. Are there any standard valve handles that would fit, or any adjustable 4-point sockets availiable?

Any helpful suggestions appreciated

Reply to
Nick Hull

Sounds just like the one on my 6" gate valve. These guys are my irrigation vendor. Great people.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend